1. Make sure you like EVERY photo your child posts of your grandchild on Facebook.
When you find you've missed one, whether it's a few days or a few months old, you're sure to like that too. You may even apologize to the baby's parents for the belated like, though you know they don't hold it against you.
2. Stare in wonderment at your grandchild for as long as he or she will let you.
And ask yourself, "How am I this gorgeous kid's grandma?!"
3. Spend way too long debating what you'd like to be called.
Nana? Gram? Glamma? Granny? Meemaw? This is so stressful!
MUST-SEE: This Study Says Your Grandkids Shouldn't Call You, But Do This Instead
4. Wind up switching the name to some random word your grandchild invents for you.
Foofa does have a nice ring to it, doesn't it?
5. Remind the world that you're a grandma whenever there's an appropriate opportunity.
Even though you used to fret over being old enough for your babies to have babies.
6. Dig out your child's baby photos to see how similar they look to the newest addition.
Then, you create a side-by-side comparison to show everyone with eyes.
7. Look for hints that your son or daughter may be trying for another baby.
When you can't find any clues, you try to think of ways to get the scoop without coming right out and asking. Because that would be rude. But subtly poking around doesn't hurt anyone!
MUST-SEE: REVEALED: The Hollywood Baby Names Making a BIG Comeback
8. Ask to speak to the baby on the phone.
Coo ridiculously when you hear so much as a gurgle in response.
9. Designate a space in your house for your grandchild to call his or her own.
Despite the fact that said child doesn't take up much room at the moment.
10. Complain to your son or daughter that you don't have enough photos of your grandchild.
Yeah, yeah, 12 a day is good enough for SOME people. You want more!
12 Hilarious Pics of Grandparents Who Are the Life of the Party
12 Hilarious Pics of Grandparents Photobombing Family Snapshots
More and More Grandparents Are Moving into These Tiny Houses. And When You Take This Virtual Tour, You May Join Them
Your life just got exponentially better and more stylish now you've signed up for our newsletter. Fabulousness awaits!