It started out like a normal wedding day photo shoot, but then the "in sickness and in health" part got very real, very fast.
After Laura Loretz and Johnny Benson got hitched in a church ceremony in Colorado, they headed to a beautiful reservoir to take photos before the reception. But they were not alone.
Unbeknownst to the newlyweds, there was a rattlesnake lurking in the same area as them.
And it took a bite out of Johnny's ankle right on the spot!
"All of a sudden it was like someone kicked me in the shin," he said. "Then I looked over and saw the snake sitting there, and it was rattling."
Thankfully, it was a "dry bite," meaning no venom was injected. And there was a park ranger on duty that could help out.
Remember FoCo groom who got bit by a rattlesnake on his wedding day? Yep, photographer captured that moment, too. pic.twitter.com/U26I7cRAQa— 9NEWS Denver (@9NEWS) June 21, 2016
After a quick hospital visit, the couple was finally able to make it to their reception--where they were greeted by the loudest cheers imaginable.
"It was scary for a minute," Laura said. "Once we got to the emergency room, it was super, super fast."
Now she describes her big day as "epic."
We totally agree!