What you’ll need:
• 32-oz. jar with lid, such as a pasta sauce or canning jar
• 3"-square green paper, or size large enough to cover your lid
• Beacon Fabri-Tac and Gem-Tac glues
• 10" (5/8") green ribbon (or enough to circle your lid plus 1/2")
• 1/2 yd. 1 1/2" pale green ribbon
• 2 small green ornaments
• Heavy thread or light string
• Fine glitter in Cranberry and Emerald
• 6 small green sticky-back rhinestones, 1 slightly larger gem in red
If your jar has a one-piece lid, trace around it on the green paper. Cut out and glue to the top. If it has a two-piece lid, trace around the flat portion on the green paper; cut out. Use Fabri-Tac to stick it on, then glue the lid’s sections together.
Glue the 5/8" ribbon around the edge of the lid. Tie the pale green grosgrain ribbon into a bow. Tie the ornaments to its knot with thread or string. Glue the bow to the lid.
Load your printer with cardstock. Click here to download the label; print and cut it out.
Apply Gem-Tac to the elf’s bow tie and cap pompom; sprinkle with Emerald glitter. When dry, shake off excess. Apply Gem-Tac to the sign’s border and sprinkle with Cranberry glitter. When dry, shake off excess.
Stick green rhinestones to the points of the elf’s hat brim and to the tips of his shoes. Stick the red gem in the center of his bow tie. Glue the tag to the side of the jar. Or, if you prefer, punch a hole at the top of the tag and tie it to the jar with narrow ribbon or cord.
Package and label designs: Jann Johnson. Photos: HBB. Beacon Adhesives: BeaconAdhesives.com or 800-865-7238. Glitter: ArtGlitter.com.
For personal use only. Commercial use prohibited.
Your life just got exponentially better and more stylish now you've signed up for our newsletter. Fabulousness awaits!