What you’ll need:
• 16-oz. jar with lid, such as a maraschino cherry jar
• 3"-square of red paper, or size large enough for your lid
• 10" each (or enough to circle your lid plus 1/2") 3/8" red grosgrain ribbon and red-and-green pompom ribbon
• Beacon Fabri-Tac and Gem-Tac glues
• 1/2 yd. 1 1/4" red-and-green plaid ribbon
• White cardstock
• Fine glitter in Cranberry, Emerald and Old Gold
If your jar has a one-piece lid, trace around it on the red paper. Cut out and use Fabri-Tac to glue to the top. If it has a two-piece lid, trace around the flat portion on the red paper; cut out. Glue it on, then glue the lid’s sections together.
Glue the grosgrain ribbon around the lid’s edge, then glue the pompom ribbon over it. Tie the plaid ribbon into a bow and glue it to the top of the lid.
Load your printer with cardstock. Click here to download the label and directions; print. Cut them out and, using glue sparingly, glue the directions to the back.
Brush Gem-Tac on Santa’s nose; apply Cranberry glitter. Shake off excess when dry then, in turn, add Emerald glitter to his eyes and Old Gold glitter to his belt buckle.
Run a bead of Fabri-Tac on the back of the tag near the top and stick it to the jar. Or, if you prefer, punch a hole near the top of the tag and tie it to the jar with narrow ribbon or cord.
Package and label designs: Jann Johnson. Photos: HBB. Beacon Adhesives: BeaconAdhesives.com or 800-865-7238. Glitter: ArtGlitter.com. Pompom ribbon: May Arts PN-15: mayarts.com.
For personal use only. Commercial use prohibited.