Who says dessert can't be sweet and healthy? This fruit-filled Honey Almond Butter Apple Bread is the perfect treat to serve while you're watching the grandbabies or just sitting around enjoying your favorite TV show. Made with honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, and a half cup of apple sauce, it's sure to be the richest loaf you've ever had.
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/3 cup Justin's Honey Almond Butter
- 1 large apple, chopped
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. cloves
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/4 cup Justin's Honey Almond Butter
- 1/8 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1. For the bread, mix all of the wet ingredients, apple and banana together in a large bowl. In a medium bowl, combine dry ingredients and transfer to the large wet ingredient bowl, folding gently.
2. Pour the bread mixture into a greased loaf pan. In a small bowl, mix all of the topping ingredients together and sprinkle on top of the bread mixture.
3. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 50 to 55 minutes (or until toothpick comes out clean). Cool completely.
+This recipe was originally published on <a target="blank" href="http://justins.com/recipes/honey-almond-butter-apple-bread">Justin's.+_
Next, watch the video below for a step-by-step tutorial on how to make no bake cookies and cream cheesecake: