An adorable 7-year-old French bulldog named Simba was taking his very first flight when all of a sudden, things got a little scary.
However, thanks to a quick-acting pilot, all passengers are okay--both humans and animals.
The pilot operating the Air Canada flight from Tel Aviv to Toronto noticed a heating system malfunction in the plane’s cargo area--where sweet little Simba was traveling--just before the plane was about to cross the Atlantic Ocean, an area where temperatures can quickly plummet.
Bravo, Air Canada!Posted by Mashable on Thursday, September 17, 2015
Bravo, Air Canada!
Knowing that the dog's wellbeing would be in danger, the plucky pilot didn't think twice about redirecting the plane to Frankfurt, Germany-- a decision that made the plane over an hour late and cost the airline about $10,000 in fuel.
But it seems travelers were quite understanding about the pilot's life-saving measure, especially Simba's beyond-grateful owner, German Kontorovich. Watch their emotional reunion in the clip below.
Your life just got exponentially better and more stylish now you've signed up for our newsletter. Fabulousness awaits!