Festive DIY Bird Feeder
Birds need something to eat during the holidays too, don’t they? Why not whip up some of these DIY bird feeders for your small friends? Check out the instructions for creating festive holiday-themed bird feeders below.
- 14 oz. bird seed
- 1 packet of gelatin (0.7 oz)
- Cooking spray
- Cookie cutters (try heart, star, and Christmas tree shapes)
- Baking parchment paper
- Drinking straws
Makes: 4 to 6 depending on the size of the molds.
Time to make: 20 minutes
- Make up the gelatin sheet mixture according to the instructions on the packet.
- Gently heat the mixture until all the gelatin has dissolved.
- Add the melted gelatin to a large mixing bowl containing the bird seed and stir together.
- Line a baking tray with parchment and spray the inside of the cookie cutters with the oil so the bird mix doesn’t stick.
- Once the bird seed mixture is cool, spoon it into the cookie cutters and pat down. Cut a drinking straw into thirds and push one third into the center of each mold. This will create a hole for the twine to go through.
- Put the bird seeds cakes still in their molds into the freezer to set for about 3 hours. Once set, remove from the freezer.
- Carefully push the cake out of the mould and pull out the straw. Thread a piece of twine through the hole and tie together to make a loop from which they can hang.
This article was originally written by Yours editors. For more, check out our sister site, Yours.
More From Woman’s World
How to Create Scented Christmas Ornaments Filled With Your Favorite Holiday Spices
How to Make Eggshell Christmas Ornaments
Live a Life of Luxury With This DIY Lavender Goat’s Milk Soap