Cats make wonderful furry family members, there's no doubt about it. However, just like us humans, our precious kitties can pick up a few bad habits here and there (hello, leaving "presents" outside of the litter box). For people, the new year is a chance for a fresh start — an opportunity to spend more time with our loved ones, eat healthier foods, and take more chances with our style. But what if cats had this same chance, too?
Now, it's nearly impossible to know if felines are aware that a year has passed (especially since cat years are different from human years). It's also worth admitting that they might not know about any human resolutions that are irrelevant to them. However, it would be nice to know that our pets were making an effort alongside us to continue to grow as time goes on. That's why, just for fun, we decided to round up a few cat New Year's resolutions that we wish our kitties would make. See how many you can relate to as an owner!
Best Cat New Year's Resolutions
1. Snuggle up with the human more, especially on gloomy days.
2. Avoid the urge to knock things off the table. OK, at least breakable things.
3. Accept the fact that sometimes a cat bath is going to be necessary.
4. Realize that the vet is there for a reason, and it's actually not a bad one after all.
5. Remember that the human needs to sleep, too. (And don't forget that it's usually at night!)
6. Stop before starting to scratch something — and make sure it's not the couch.
7. At least try to be less picky about food, especially healthy food.
8. Make it clear when a pet on the head is in order.
9. Try to not leave "presents" for the human outside the litter box.
10. Take more naps when feeling crabby.
11. Play in more boxes — and look absolutely adorable while doing so.
Next, see some adorable sleepy cats who know it's time for a nap in the video below: