Food to Love
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this delicious and decadent combination of cheesecake, chocolate cookies, coconut, and cherries. The recipe is sure to make your whole family smile — and it’s super easy to make. You just need a little patience while the ingredients take their time to settle. Don’t worry, we promise the result is totally worth the wait!
Cherry coconut cheesecake
- 7 oz. chocolate cookies, broken
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 3 oz. butter, melted
- Whipped cream and chocolate shavings, to serve
- 1 1/2 cups pitted fresh cherries (plus a few extra left whole, to serve)
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 500 g. cream cheese, chopped, softened
- 1 Tbsp. powdered gelatin
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 9 oz. can coconut cream
- Lightly grease and line base and sides of a 7 inch springform cake pan with baking paper.
- In a food processor, pulse cookies and coconut into fine crumbs. Add butter and process until mixture is combined. Press the mixture firmly over base of pan. Chill for 15 minutes.
- To make the filling, pulse cherries, one tablespoon of sugar per cherry, and lemon juice in a food processor until smooth. Pour out the mixture and clean the food processor, and then pulse cream cheese and remaining sugar together until smooth. In a small bowl, whisk gelatin into just-boiled water to dissolve. Add gelatin mixture to cream cheese mixture with coconut cream, remaining lemon juice, and half cherry puree until smooth. Pour over base. Chill for four hours until firm.
- Release cheesecake from pan and transfer to a serving platter. Dollop with cream, drizzle with remaining sieved cherry puree, and top with extra whole cherries.
It's important to whisk powdered gelatin into just-boiled water with a fork vigorously to ensure it dissolves without any lumps. Then, before combining with another mixture, the temperatures must be the same to continue avoiding lumps.
This recipe was originally published on our sister site, Food to Love.