Say goodbye to the traditional red and green with our DIY wooden Christmas star project that is the perfect minimalist touch to your festive decorations. If you feel overwhelmed at the thought of armfuls of tinsel, a simple and pared-back approach could be the answer, and this crafty wooden star is the perfect place to start.
- 1 large sheet of paper
- 1 sheet of 1/2-inch-thick plywood
- Masking tape
- Colored paint
- Draw or fold a 6-pointed star onto a large piece of paper. You can find online tutorials for an easy way to make an even star.
- If you drew the star, cut it out and trace it onto your plywood. If you folded the star, simply trace it onto the plywood.
- Use a jigsaw to carefully cut out the plywood star.
- Sand the edges of the star with sandpaper until smooth.
- Use the masking tape to tape a 3/4-inch border around the edge of the star, leaving 3/4-inch of timber between the tape and the edge of the star.
- Paint the border using your chosen paint color. Allow to dry. Remove tape.
This article was originally written by Homes to Love editors. For more, check out our sister site, Homes to Love.