Jun 17, 2018
Food to Love
- 1 disposable piping bag
- Half-inch fluted tube
- 1 lb. tub vanilla frosting
- Black and brown food colorings
- 12 double chocolate chip mini muffins
- 12 double chocolate chip muffins
- 1 yard black licorice rope
- 12 black jelly beans
- 5 red fruit leathers
- 4 milk chocolate melts
- 1 small piece round soft licorice
- 2 white marshmellows
- 8 brown mini M&M's
- 12 white chocolate melts
- 4 pink licorice allsorts
- 4 yellow mini M&M's
- Divide frosting into three small bowls. Tint one bowl pale gray with black coloring, one pale brown, and leave remaining bowl plain.
- Discard wrappers from mini muffins; spread each color frosting over four muffin tops. Secure mini muffins sideways on top of large muffins, with a little frosting.
- Spread gray frosting all over four cakes. Cut black licorice into 1-inch by 2-inch slices; using picture as a guide, trim to resemble ears and nose. Half one jelly bean for eyes, and half one jelly bean lengthways for nose; position on cake. Trim fruit leather into a half-inch piece for tongue; position on cake. Repeat with remaining gray cakes.
- Spread brown frosting over four cakes. Using picture as a guide, position a milk chocolate melt for nose; secure a thin slice of soft licorice onto melt with a little frosting. Cut marshmallows in half; attach one brown M&M to one half; position on cake for eye. Attach another brown M&M onto face for eye. Using picture as a guide, trim black licorice into 3/4 inch-by-1-inch pieces for ears; position on cake. Repeat with remaining brown cakes.
- Place plain frosting into piping bag fitted with the tube. Pipe all over remaining four cakes to add texture. Using picture as a guide, position the white chocolate melts to form ears and nose. Trim a small piece of black licorice into a triangle for nose. Cut one jelly bean in half and position for eyes. Cut pink section of licorice allsort into triangles and position on top of cake for bow. Cut fruit leather into thirds lengthways, place around neck for collar; position yellow M&M for tag. Repeat with remaining plain cakes.
This recipe was written by Food to Love editors. For more, check out our sister site, Food to Love.