Unfortunately, the show can't always go on! Dancing With the Stars pro Peta Murgatroyd learned that lesson the hard way after experiencing a sudden bout of illness on April 28. The 31-year-old was unable to perform during a stop in Grand Prairie, Texas, as part of her national tour alongside her husband, Maksim Chmerkovsiy, and his brother, Valentin "Val" Chmerkovsiy.
The mother of one took to Instagram on April 29 to apologize to fans about her absence. In a lengthy post, the dancer detailed her symptoms, explaining that, "Apart from it being very embarrassing, it was very scary. I am so sorry for not being able to give you the show you all deserved."
"I am feeling better today and look forward to seeing all of our fans. Thank you for your understanding and support," she concluded. "I love you and I am so sorry again!" Thankfully, Murgatroyd was able to take the stage for April 29's tour stop at the Midland Theatre in Kansas City, Missouri. That said, she has yet to confirm what caused those very unsettling symptoms.
Sources do suggest that in extreme cases, food poisoning — which Murgatroyd suspected to be the culprit — can cause numbness or tingling of the face, hands, and feet, which generally only lasts one to two days. We hope the worst is over and that she stays healthy for the rest of the tour!
This article originally appeared on our sister site, Closer Weekly.