Snuggle up with a book, a blanket, and this warm, African-inspired gumbo.
- 11 oz okra
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 28 oz chicken thigh fillets, chopped
- 2 large brown onions, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp sambal oelek
- 5 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped finely
- 1/4 cup tomato paste (2 oz)
- 1/3 cup crunchy peanut butter (3 oz)
- 1 large potato, chopped
- 2 cups water
1. Trim stems from okra. Heat 1 tsp peanut oil in large saucepan; cook chicken, stir until browned. Drain on a paper towel.
2. Heat remaining oil in pan; cook onion, garlic, and sambal oelek. Stir until onion is soft. Return chicken to pan and add the remaining ingredients; cover and simmer for 30 minutes, or until potato is tender.
This post was written by Food to Love editors. For more, check out our sister site Food to Love.