Could there be a better pairing than sweet, creamy chocolate and fresh mint? This Chocolate Mint Ice Cream Pie is like a match made in dessert heaven, and its cheerful green color is just perfect for a St. Patrick’s Day spread. Aside from being delicious (and beautiful to look at), this ice cream pie recipe is super easy to follow — and no fancy mixers or appliances are required. It only takes 15 minutes to put together and just 30 minutes or so to freeze, so it’s the ideal treat to prepare when your grandkids are on the way over.
Unlike other ice cream pies, this minty masterpiece features a gritty crust made with butter, chocolate, and rice cereal, giving it a nice crunchy base. If you’re not a fan of mint, don’t worry: Just switch out the mint chocolate-chip ice cream for another favorite flavor, like strawberry or vanilla.
- 3 oz. chopped milk chocolate
- 1.5 oz. butter
- 2 oz. rice cereal
- 4 cups mint chocolate-chip ice cream
- Shaved chocolate, to serve
1. Line a 9-inch round pie dish with foil and baking paper.
2. In a large, heatproof bowl, combine milk chocolate and butter. Place over a saucepan of gently simmering water.
3. Stir until melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Add rice cereal to chocolate mixture and mix well. Spoon evenly into pie dish. Press cereal mixture into the base and chill until firm.
4. Spread ice cream evenly over base. Freeze until firm. Top with shaved chocolate. Cut into wedges and serve!
Makes 8 servings
This recipe was originally published on our sister site Food to Love.