Creamed Corn and Bacon Bread Bowl
Never out of fashion, a bread bowl filled with a cheesy dip will be a winner at any gathering. This one is packed with melted cheese, crispy bacon, and creamed corn — yum!
- 1 round bread loaf
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 oz. thinly-sliced streaky bacon
- 8 oz. softened cream cheese
- 8 oz. tub sour cream
- 3/4 cup grated pizza cheese
- 14 oz. can creamed corn
- 1 bunch chopped chives
- chargrilled corn and extra snipped chives, to serve
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Cut two inches from the top of the loaf to form a lid. Scoop bread from center, leaving 1/2 inch of the edge. Tear bread into pieces. Bake for four to five minutes until golden.
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan, heat oil on medium heat. Sauté bacon for five minutes until crisp. Drain.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, and pizza cheese. Stir 3/4 bacon, creamed corn, and chives throughout. Season.
- Spoon dip into the loaf. Wrap in foil. Bake for 35 minutes. Remove foil. Top with reserved bacon. Bake for five more minutes. Serve topped with chargrilled corn and extra snipped chives.
This post was written by Food to Love editors. For more, check out our sister site Food to Love.
More from Woman’s World
3 Best Gumbo Recipes for Getting Your Gumbo On
St. Patrick’s Day Pretzel Shamrock Wands
ARNICARE FOR PAIN AND BRUISES!
Powered by Arnica montana, Arnicare® is designed to treat muscle pain, swelling, and discoloration from bruising. The unscented gel cools on contact and absorbs quickly into your skin, leaving no sticky or greasy residue, and provides you with the relief you seek. Learn more at Arnicare.com.