When it comes to homemade pizza, the fun prep work and heavenly aromas that will fill your kitchen as your pizza cooks are almost–we said almost–as awesome as taking that first bite. This easy pizza recipe features a tasty homemade crust that adds just the right amount of thickness and structure to the otherwise melty, saucy, cheesy, gooey goodness on this pie. Having friends over? This is a go-to meal that’s foolproof and guaranteed delicious–the perfect combo for a group dining experience.
The heart and soul of this awesome pizza recipe is its light, tasty crust made with yeast, olive oil, sugar, and salt (so easy!). And while the instructions are simple, feel free to tweak the ending and add any number of toppings to suit your tastes. A heaping of arugula, a scattering of veggies, or a handful of pineapple? This is your pizza–you make all the rules.
Watch this quick video to see how fast and easy this yummy Italian-style pizza comes together!
Pizza, what can we say? We love you–and we want you in our lives forever.
- 1 3/4 cups wheat flour
- 3/4 cup yeast
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tbsp supar
- 1 tbps salt
- 1 tbsp herbs
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella
- Mix the flour with hot water, yeast, olive oil, sugar and salt. Knead the dough until flexible, cover with a cloth and leave in a warm place for approx. 1 hour until the dough doubles in size.
- Degasify the risen dough with your fist, lightly knead and roll out into a circular flat cake, using more flour if needed.
- Prepare the sauce – mix the crushed tomatoes with pressed garlic, add favorite herbs, season with salt and pepper if needed. Mix thoroughly.
- Distribute the sauce on the dough evenly and bake in 230 degrees for approx. 7 minutes, until the sides of the pizza are lightly brown.
- In the end, sprinkle the pizza with grated mozzarella and bake for 2 more minutes until the cheese melts.
- Remove from the oven, cut into pieces and serve immediately.