Your Spiked Lemonade Has a New Best Friend: A Spiked Cupcake
Did you know that Italian distillers make limoncello by steeping lemon zest in alcohol? Now you can experience the authentic Italian liqueur in a fun new way right from your own backyard. Kick off the summer right by harnessing the seasonal flavor of lemon with these Spiked Lemonade Cupcakes, featuring classic Italian limoncello. We know you love lemon cake, but these tiny treats are the perfect complement to any BBQ or pool party. They’re light, fluffy, tasty, and best of all, spiked with the good stuff! Pair these little lemony wonders with our refreshing spiked lemonade, and cool off in the summer breeze. To make our Spiked Lemonade Cupcakes and Spiked Lemonade Cocktail, follow the recipes below. Then, check out our other happy hour cupcake recipes.
Spiked Lemonade Cupcakes
- 1 pkg. (16.5 oz.) white cake mix
- 3 egg whites
- 1 1/4 cups limoncello
- 1/4 cup frozen lemonade concentrate from 12-oz. can, thawed
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 Tbsp. grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup frozen lemonade concentrate from 12-oz. can, thawed
- 2 Tbsp. grated lemon zest
- Basic frosting (recipe below)
- Yellow decorating sugar
- Lemon fruit candies, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line 18 muffin cups with cupcake liners.
- On low speed, beat cake mix, 1/2 cup water, egg whites, 1/4 cup limoncello, 1/4 cup lemonade concentrate, and oil until combined, about 30 seconds.
- On medium, beat 2 minutes. Stir in lemon zest.
- Divide among cupcake liners. Bake 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean.
- Using fork, poke 6 sets of holes into top of each cupcake.
- Brush with remaining 1 cup limoncello.
- Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool on racks.
- On medium speed, beat 1 1/2 cups butter (at room temperature) until fluffy, 2 minutes.
- On low, gradually beat in 4 cups confectioners’ sugar.
- On low, gradually beat lemonade concentrate and zest into frosting until just blended.
- On medium-high, beat until fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer to pastry bag fitted with medium star tip. Pipe over cupcakes.
- Sprinkle with yellow sugar; garnish with candies.
Makes 18 cupcakes.
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup limoncello
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 2 Tbsp. super fine sugar
- Zest of one lemon
- In pitcher, combine 3/4 cup cold water, 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, 1/4 cup limoncello, 1/4 cup vodka, and 2 Tbsp. super fine sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add 6 lemon zest strips, each 4 to 5 inches long.
- Chill at least 1 hour. Divide between 2 ice-filled glasses.
- Garnish with lemon zest strips.
Makes 2 servings.
More From Woman’s World
Godiva’s Giving Away Free Chocolate
Pink Kit Kats Made From ‘Ruby Chocolate’ Are Here for Valentine’s Day
Lobster Truffle Mac and Cheese Is Now at Red Lobster and Our Mouths Are Watering
ARNICARE FOR PAIN AND BRUISES!
Powered by Arnica montana, Arnicare® is designed to treat muscle pain, swelling, and discoloration from bruising. The unscented gel cools on contact and absorbs quickly into your skin, leaving no sticky or greasy residue, and provides you with the relief you seek. Learn more at Arnicare.com.