Cleaning furniture and other household items such as TVs are crucial when it comes to our health, and it’s also a great way to maintain tidy homes with a clean appearance.
Just like all electronic items, televisions can get dusty and attract greasy marks, such as children’s fingerprints. Even though TV screens may not be the most handled electronics, cleaning your TV is a straight forward process that doesn’t require any expensive cleaning solutions. Here is the best way to clean a TV screen:
What You’ll Need:
Microfiber cleaning cloths (Buy at Walmart, $8.99): These cloths can be used on other devices such as mobile phones, tablets and laptops. They’re also handy for cleaning glasses.
Screen Cleaner (Buy at Walmart, $12.95): This is an optional purchase, but if you have particularly stubborn marks on your TV screen it’s best to use a specific screen cleaning spray rather than a generic cleaning spray, to prevent damage.
What Not to Do:
It is important to note that you should never use cleaning fluids, wax, or chemicals unless they are specifically marketed for a TV screen. Do not use window cleaner, soap, dish soap, scouring powder, or any cleanser with solvents such as alcohol, benzene, ammonia, or paint thinner. Do not use water as a way to clean any of the TV unless the manufacturer’s manual says otherwise.
Lastly do not use abrasive pads or paper towels, in doing so you may scratch the screen or strip off the anti-glare coating. As plasma screens are made of glass and have an anti-glare coating it means that they can be damaged by using cleaning products. It is best to use a dry cloth to clean LED, LCD, and OLED TVs.
Here’s Our Guide to a Streak-Free Screen:
- First, unplug your TV before you start cleaning.
- Start by cleaning the frame of your TV in a circular motion using a clean, soft, lint-free dry cloth.
- Wipe the screen gently with the cloth side to side as gently as possible. The screen can be damaged easily if you wipe too hard.
- If wiping doesn’t do a sufficient job you can use sprays specifically for cleaning the tv screen. Never spray anything directly onto your TV screen.
- If using a solution let the screen dry completely before you plug the TV back in.
Some Tips to Keep Your TV Screen Clean
- Keep your TV in top shape by cleaning it weekly to stop dust or fingerprints from building up.
- To make sure that your cables, electric ports, or vents do not have a build-up of dust use your vacuum on a low suction to remove anything that could damage or block it.
- Do not use any sprays around your TV screen as the screens are very sensitive any spray residue could damage the set.
- Be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions to be sure your TV can be fixed under warranty.
- Keep away from using products that contain ammonia, alcohol, or acetone. These can easily damage the television’s screen.
How do I clean greasy marks or fingerprints off the screen?
To clean fingerprints and greasy smudges off your screen, you can purchase a bottle of screen cleaning solution. Put a small amount of the solution on a soft and dry cloth, and then rub the marks off the screen gently.
What is the best way to clean your remote control?
Firstly, remove the batteries from the remote and use moistened disinfecting wipe to clean both sides of the remote. This way you can disinfect it and remove any crumbs or other sticky residue on the remote. Pay extra attention to the buttons. Allow the remote to air dry then place the batteries back in.
What is the best way to clean TV speakers?
Check to see if the fabric covers on your speaker can be removed in the product’s manual. If they can be removed take them off and remove the dust or lint that can get stuck there. If the fabric doesn’t come off, you can use a lint roller to remove the dust from the front.
See below for a video to guide you through the next time you clean your screen.
This article originally appeared on our sister site, First For Women.
Woman’s World aims to feature only the best products and services. We update when possible, but deals expire and prices can change. If you buy something via one of our links, we may earn a commission.
Questions? Reach us at email@example.com
This article originally appeared in our print magazine, Woman’s World.
BOGO Never Felt So Good
Whether you're looking to sleep better, have less anxiety, get pain relief or simply unwind the mind, these award-winning CBD Gummies from Sky Wellness do just the trick! Available in a variety of flavors, don't miss this special BOGO offer. Learn more at SkyWellness.com.