If you’re looking for a fun, no-carve pumpkin-decorating idea that doesn’t involve sharp knives around the little ones, this easy craft is the answer! All you need are some glow-in-the-dark puffy paints ($5.41 for a six pack on Amazon) and, well, a pumpkin or two. You and the kiddos in your life can let your imaginations run wild by dripping designs or writing out spooky words. Take a look to see how we decorated our DIY glow-in-the-dark pumpkins!
- Pumpkins (we suggest white ones)
- Tulip glow-in-the-dark puffy paint
- Newspaper, for covering your work surface
- Cover your work station with newspapers. Clean and dry your pumpkins.
- Choose a pattern you want, and start drawing with the puffy paint. If it's more complicated, sketch on the pumpkin with pencil and trace the lines with your paint.
- Wait until pumpkins are fully dry. Set out on the porch and wait for night to fall!
Check out the patterns we chose below! We did one large white pumpkin with rainbow stripes, one with "Boo" written in calligraphy with polka dots surrounding it, and one small orange pumpkin with creepy eyes that are sure to pop out from any porch late at night!