Taco Bell is at it again, but this time the end result involves Kit Kats. That’s right, ladies. Taco Bell has gone against all things taco-y and slid pieces of a full-sized Kit Kat bar, along with a considerable amount of melted chocolate, inside of a grilled flour tortilla. The chain is calling its new hybrid the “Kit Kat Chocoladilla.” What a mouthful (literally).
In addition to Taco Bell’s crepe-like delight, the brand is also offering a Vanilla Iced Coffee. Snag both the Chocoladilla and the Vanilla Iced Coffee for just one dollar apiece.
The chain is currently testing the items at select locations in Wisconsin.
Apparently, the Kit Kat Chocoladilla has been available in the U.K. for nearly a year — except, it was named the “Kit Kat Chocodilla.”
Make Your Own Kit Kat Chocoladilla
If you’re scared someone’s going to see you purchasing this monstrosity of a dessert — or you know, you just don’t live in Wisconsin —you can easily make your own Kit Kat Chocoladilla at home. All you’ll need is a Kit Kat bar, some chocolate morsels, and two flour tortillas.
- 1 Bag of chocolate morsels (6 oz)
- 1 King size Kit Kat bar (3.1 oz)
- 2 Flour tortillas
- 1/2 tsp. Melted butter or oil
- 12-inch skillet
- Paring knife
- 2 Small bowls
1. Get your filling ready: Break the Kit Kat bar into small pieces. Place pieces in small bowl. Pour one hand-full of morsels into the remaining small bowl.
2. Melt 1/2 tsp. of butter or oil in the skillet: Coat the bottom of your skillet. Warm the skillet over medium to medium-high heat.
3. Add the tortilla: Place one tortilla in the skillet and sprinkle all over with morsels. Use one-half of the amount in the small bowl. Save the remaining morsels for step four.
4. More filling: Add your Kit Kat pieces, top with the remaining morsels.
5. Let it melt a little: Let the chocolate melt a little, then place the other tortilla on top.
6. Watch: Once the chocolate starts to visibly melt over the side, ever so slowly flip the tortilla over. The top should have golden-brown spots, if it doesn’t, you flipped it too soon.
7. Serve: Once it’s done and cooked to your liking, slide your creation onto a cutting board, slice into wedges, and enjoy!