Food to Love
If you've ever tried veggie cream cheese, you know tomatoes and onions are a match made in heaven. Throw in some bacon and a sprinkling of chives and you've got yourself a savory treat. The best thing about this bread bowl is that if you and your hungry houseguests (or just you — we don't judge!) eat all the dip, the bowl is edible, too, making clean-up a breeze!
- 1 Vienna loaf
- 18 oz. light cream cheese
- 1/4 cup diced lean bacon
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 bunch chives, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Slice top off bread loaf and pull out chunks from inside to create a shell. Place bread shell, top, and chunks on a baking tray and bake for 5 minutes until light golden, crisp, and warm.
- Meanwhile, place cream cheese in a bowl and microwave on high 1 minute, until soft enough to mix. Heat a small frying pan on medium. Cook bacon for 2 minutes, stirring until browned. Drain on paper towel. Add to cream cheese with tomato, onion, mayonnaise and half chives.
- Spoon dip into bread shell and top with remaining chives. Serve on a platter with bread chunks for dipping.
Once the top of the loaf and bread chunks have been eaten, start breaking up the shell with the dip still clinging to it. You may also want to have a knife on hand for spreading.
This post was written by Food to Love editors. For more, check out our sister site Food to Love.