Herbed Pork Chops with Parsnips and Squash
Herbes de Provence and Dijon mustard give this satisfying dinner irresistible French flair for minimal effort.
- 1/3 c. apple juice
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 acorn squash 1 1/2 lbs., quartered, seeded, cut into 1" wedges
- 1 lb. parsnips cut into 1/8"-thick slices
- 1 small red onion cut into 1/2" wedges
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried herbes de Provence
- 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cracked pepper
- 4 bone-in center-cut pork chops about 2 lbs.
Heat oven to 425°F. Coat 17 1/4" x 11 1/2" rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Mix juice and mustard; reserve 2 Tbsp. In bowl, toss squash, parsnips and onion with 1 tsp. herbes, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. pepper, and remaining mustard mixture. Spread over baking sheet. Roast 20 min.
Mix remaining herbes, cinnamon, salt, and pepper; rub over chops. Remove vegetables from oven. Move vegetables to one side of baking sheet. Place chops in single layer on other side of baking sheet; brush with reserved mustard mixture. Roast 15 min. or until chops are no longer pink near bones and vegetables are tender.