It’s easy to give oven-fried chicken a spicy kick — simply start with a zesty lime marinade, then coat in seasoned cracker crumbs!
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 tsp. grated lime zest
- 1 tsp. + 2 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. + 1 Tbs. green Tabasco sauce
- 1 scallion chopped
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 chicken, about 4 1/2 lbs. cut into 8 pieces, skin removed from all pieces except wings
- 1 1/2 c. jalapeño Cheddar crackers such as Cheez-It, finely ground
- 1/3 c. plain breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
For sauce, in medium bowl, combine 1/2 cup sour cream, 1/4 tsp. zest, 1 tsp. lime juice, 1 tsp Tabasco, scallion, and cilantro. Cover; refrigerate.
In large bowl, combine remaining 1/2 cup sour cream, 3/4 tsp. lime zest, 2 Tbs. lime juice, and 1 Tbs. Tabasco with salt and pepper.
Add chicken; toss until coated. Cover; refrigerate overnight.
Preheat oven to 425°F. Line large rimmed baking sheet with foil; coat with cooking spray.
In shallow bowl, combine cracker crumbs, breadcrumbs, and coriander.
Remove chicken from sour cream mixture, letting excess drip off; discard remaining marinade.
One piece at a time, coat chicken in cracker crumb mixture. Transfer to pan in single layer.
Bake 35-45 minutes until chicken is no longer pink near the bone. Serve with sour cream sauce.