Not your ordinary slice! We topped a hearty crust of easy from scratch polenta with extra beefy sauce and two kinds of cheese to make this scrumptious meat-lovers’ meal.
- 1 c quick-cooking polenta
- 1/2 tsp salt
- c 1/4 grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 c marinara pasta sauce with meat
- 1 c mushrooms, sliced
- 1 plum tomato, sliced lengthwise
- 1 c shredded mozzarella cheese, 4 oz.
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh oregano (optional)
Heat oven to 425°F. Grease 12" round pizza pan.
Prepare polenta according to package directions using 3 cups water and 1/4 tsp. salt; stir in grated Parmesan. Spread evenly over pan; brush with olive oil. Bake 15–20 min., until golden.
Meanwhile, in 12" nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook beef with remaining 1⁄4 tsp. salt, stirring, 10 min. or until no longer pink. Stir in sauce; cook 2 min. or until hot.
Spread over crust to within 1/2" of edge. Top with mushrooms, tomato and mozzarella. Bake 15–20 min., until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with oregano.