Food & Photo
Fill 'em up with a warming bowl of hearty soup that's packed with the goodness of beans, veggies, macaroni, and Parmesan cheese.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp crushed dried rosemary
- 6 c chicken stock
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano, drained
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can dark red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 c coarsely chopped cabbage
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 zucchini, 8 oz., halved lengthwise, cut into 1/4"-thick slices
- 1 c cooked chicken
- 3/4 c uncooked elbow macaroni
- Grated Parmesan cheese
In large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally until softened, 7 min. Add garlic and rosemary; cook 30 sec. Add stock, tomatoes, beans, cabbage, salt, and pepper.
Bring to a boil; reduce to medium-low. Cover; cook 5 min.
Add zucchini, chicken, and macaroni to soup; over medium, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover.
Cook minestrone 8 min. or until macaroni is just tender. Serve with cheese.