The Whole30 Fast & Easy; Ghazalle Badiozamani
Swapping in ground beef for steak gets this reinvented Tex-Mex favorite on the table in a flash.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (16 oz.) package cauliflower crumbles or 4 cups raw cauliflower rice
- Chopped avocado and tomato (optional)
- Lime wedges
In large skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until browned, about 5 minutes. Drain off fat and transfer beef to a bowl.
Heat olive oil in the same skillet over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, garlic, and salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisp tender, 4–6 minutes. Stir in beef, chili powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper and heat through for about 1 minute. Stir in lime juice. Remove skillet from heat and stir in cilantro.
Meanwhile, prepare cauliflower crumbles according to package directions. Spoon beef and vegetable mixture over cauliflower crumbles and top with chopped avocado and/or chopped tomato if desired; serve with lime wedges.
This recipe originally appeared in our print magazine.