Food & Photo
Frittatas are a quick and tasty way to use up leftover cooked veggies — throw in whatever you've got on hand.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 c mixed cooked vegetables, diced
- 10 eggs
- 2/3 c milk
- 1 1/2 c grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and cut into 1" pieces
- Heat oven to 375°F. In large ovenproof nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-low heat. Add onion; cook, stirring often, until tender, 5 min. Stir in vegetables.
In bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, 1 cup cheese, thyme, 1/2 tsp. salt and cayenne; stir in 3/4 of bacon pieces. Add mixture to hot skillet over medium heat; cook until edges start to set, 5 min. Top with remaining bacon and cheese. Bake until set in center, 18–20 min. Let stand 10 min. before serving.
This recipe originally appeared in our print magazine.