Sugar and spice and everything delicious go into our towering tree of white chocolate gingerbread truffles!
- 1/2 c brown fondant, such as Wilton Decorator Preferred
- 3 c white chocolate chips, from 2 (11 oz.) pkgs.
- 3/4 c heavy cream
- 2 tbsp butter, at room temperature
- 30 gingersnap cookies, finely ground
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 58 round toothpicks
- 4 pkgs. (12 oz. each) white candy melts, melted
- Red, white, and green nonpareils
- 1/2 c red candy melts, melted
- 1 1"-thick Styrofoam sheet, covered in wax paper
- 8 7/8"x3 7/8" Styrofoam cone, wrapped in plastic wrap
- 1/4 c canned vanilla frosting
- 1 Red heart and green confetti sprinkles
- 3/4" gold and green foil wrapped chocolate candy balls
Line rimmed baking sheet with wax paper. On surface, roll out fondant to 1/16” thickness. Using 1 ½” gingerbread man cookie cutter, cut out shapes. Transfer to baking sheet; dry overnight.
Line 2 large rimmed baking sheets with wax paper. In large microwave-safe bowl, combine white chocolate chips and cream; microwave on High in 15-second intervals, stirring, until melted and smooth, 1-1 ½ minutes. Stir in butter, then cookie crumbs, molasses, ginger, and vanilla until blended. Shape into balls using 1 tbsp of mixture per ball. Transfer to baking sheets. Refrigerate until firm, at least 30 minutes.
One at a time, insert 1 toothpick halfway into each ball; remove. Dip end of toothpick into white candy melts; insert back into ball. Repeat with remaining balls. Refrigerate until set, 15 minutes.
If necessary, re-melt white candy melts; reserve ¼ cup. One at a time, dip balls in remaining candy melts, letting excess drip off; re-melt candy as necessary. For nonpareil-covered truffles, immediately roll in nonpareils to coat. Stand each truffle upright by inserting toothpick into Styrofoam sheet. Repeat with remaining balls; let dry. Transfer red candy melts to disposable pastry bag; snip tip. Pipe over some of white candy-coated truffles. Refrigerate truffles until set and cold, about 30 minutes.
Starting near base of cone, make 1 hole in Styrofoam by inserting toothpick deeply into cone and removing. Insert toothpick end of 1 truffle. Continue inserting truffles in rows around cone until covered with truffles.
Transfer frosting to disposable pastry bag; snip tip. Decorate gingerbread cutouts with frosting and confetti; if desired, reserve some cutouts for cocktail garnishes. Re-melt reserved ¼ cup white candy melts. Place cone on serving plate. With candy melts, attach gingerbread cutouts to white truffles and chocolate balls to tree. Serve at room temperature. Assembled tree can be stored at room temperature for 2 days. Makes 58 truffles.