The slightly nutty taste of Fontina adds even more irresistible flavor to this grilled pizza loaded with gourmet goodies.
- 1 (10 oz.) pkg. thin-style prebaked pizza crust, such as Boboli
- 1/2 c marinara pasta sauce
- 1 1/2 c grated Fontina cheese
- 1 (14 oz.) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 8 oz crumbled cooked sausage
- c ¼ thinly sliced red onions
- 1 Tbs. fresh oregano leaves (optional)
Prepare grill for direct and indirect heat cooking. Place crust, top side down, over direct heat; grill 1–2 min., until hot. Remove from grill.
Turn crust over; spread top with sauce to within 1/2" of edge. Sprinkle 3/4 cup cheese over sauce. Top with artichoke hearts, sausage, onions and remaining cheese.
Return pizza to grill over indirect heat. Cover; grill 10–12 min., until cheese is melted and crust is crispy. If desired, cool slightly and sprinkle with oregano leaves.