Food & Photo
Dreamy layers of cake and rich cheesecake are even more scrumptious garnished with fresh apples and caramel.
- 1 (15.25 oz) pkg. yellow cake mix
- 5 eggs, at room temp.
- 1/3 c oil
- 16 oz cream cheese, at room temp
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 Granny Smith apples, cored, thinly sliced
- Caramel topping and whipped cream (optional)
Heat oven to 350°F.
Line bottom of 10" springform pan with parchment; grease pan.
Make cake mix according to package directions with 1 cup water, 3 eggs, and oil; pour into pan.
Bake 40-45 min., until inserted pick comes out clean.
Lower oven temp. to 325°F.
Beat cream cheese, milk, and remaining eggs until smooth. Pour over cake; bake 50 min. or until set. Cool.
Cover; chill 6 hrs.
In skillet over low heat, melt butter. Add apples; cook, stirring until soft, 30-45 min.
Arrange apples over cake, garnish.