Bursting with fresh fall flavors, this scrumptious salad combines beefy meatballs, roasted sweet potatoes, and a bright lime-and-cumin-seasoned Greek yogurt dressing.
- 1/2 c + 2 tbsp. Greek yogurt ranch dressing
- limes, zested and juiced
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/4 c Italian-style dry breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1 lb sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 12 c mixed salad greens, about 10 oz.
- 1 c celery leaves
- 1/2 c roasted red pepper strips
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Pepperoncini and parsley, optional
Heat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Coat 2 rimmed baking sheets with cooking spray. In bowl, stir together 1⁄2 cup dressing, 1 tsp. lime juice, 1 tsp. zest, and 1⁄2 tsp. cumin; reserve. In separate medium bowl, mix beef, breadcrumbs, egg, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco, 2 tsp. lime zest, 1⁄2 tsp. cumin, 1⁄4 tsp. salt, and remaining dressing; shape into 12 balls. Arrange on baking sheet.
On second pan, toss potatoes with olive oil and remaining cumin and salt. Bake meatballs 15 minutes or until no longer pink, turning once. Roast potatoes 15 to 20 minutes or until tender; let cool slightly. Divide salad greens, celery, pepper strips, and potatoes among 4 bowls. Top with meatballs and sesame seeds. Drizzle with reserved dressing. Garnish with pepperoncini and parsley if desired.