Food & Photo
Avocado dressing adds a creamy goodness that pairs perfectly with the crisp cukes, sweet peas, and smoky bacon in this gourmet-easy dish that's guaranteed to please.
- 8 oz medium pasta shells
- 1 c frozen peas, thawed
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 avocado, pitted and peeled
- 2 tbsp ranch salad dressing
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 mini cucumbers, thinly sliced
- Microgreens (optional)
- In large pot, cook pasta in boiling salted water according to package directions, adding peas during last 2 min. of cooking time; drain. Rinse under cold water until cool; drain well. In large nonstick skillet, cook bacon, flipping once, over medium-high heat until browned and crisp, about 8 min.; transfer to paper towels. When cool enough to handle, cut into 1" pieces.
In large bowl, mash avocado; whisk in ranch dressing, lime juice, tarragon, and salt. Add pasta and peas, cucumbers, and bacon; toss until evenly coated. If desired, just before serving, garnish with microgreens.
This recipe originally appeared in our print magazine.