Food & Photo
Ready-to-use Alfredo sauce makes it a cinch to turn green beans, mushrooms, and onions into the creamiest casserole.
- 1 1/2 lb green beans
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 c sliced baby bella mushrooms (about 4 oz.)
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 c roasted garlic Alfredo pasta sauce
- 1 large tomato, chopped, and drained
- 1 c fresh white breadcrumbs
- Heat oven to 400°F. Coat 2-qt. baking dish with cooking spray. In pot of boiling salted water, cook beans until just tender, 3 min.; drain.
In skillet, melt butter over medium heat; reserve 1 Tbsp. Add mushrooms and onions; cook, stirring, until golden, 5 min. Remove from heat. Stir in vinegar, then sauce, tomato, and beans. Transfer to baking dish. Cover with foil. Bake 15 min. or until hot. Toss breadcrumbs with reserved butter. Remove foil; sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Bake until browned, 10 min.
This recipe originally appeared in our print magazine.