Seasoned with pesto, our soup-er meal really satisfies, thanks to tender chicken and tiny potato dumplings.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bulb fennel (1 lb.), trimmed, chopped
- 4 carrots (8 oz.), quartered lengthwise, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 c low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 c pesto
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 (17.5-oz.) package potato gnocchi
- 6 c baby spinach
- Grated Parmesan cheese
Place chicken breasts in bottom of six-quart slow cooker. Top with fennel, carrots, and onion. Combine broth, pesto, salt, and pepper; pour over chicken and vegetables.
Cover slow cooker; cook on low eight hours until vegetables and chicken are tender.
Add gnocchi and spinach. Cover; cook 10 minutes until gnocchi is cooked through. Serve with Parmesan cheese.
Per Serving: Calories: 400 Protein: 26 grams Fat: 11 grams (2 grams saturated) Cholesterol: 67milligrams Carbohydrates: 49 grams Sodium: 1,256 milligrams Fiber: 7 grams Sugar: 7 grams