Food & Photo
End your night on a doubly delicious sweet note with two Southern pie favorites in one scrumptious dessert!
- Pie dough for single 9" crust
- 1 3/4 c mashed cooked sweet potato
- 1 c + 2 Tbs. packed brown sugar
- 1/2 c sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 c butter, melted
- 1 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 c pecan halves
- Whipped cream and additional pecans
Fit dough into 9" pie pan. Chill 30 min.
Heat oven to 375°F.
Line crust with foil; fill with dried beans. Bake 20 min. Remove foil and beans.
Whisk sweet potato, 1 cup sugar, sour cream, eggs, butter, 1 tsp. cinnamon, and ginger. Pour into crust.
Mix pecans with remaining sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over filling.
Bake 35-40 min. or until set. Cool. Serve topped with whipped cream and pecans.