9 Signs Your Pet Totally Rules Your Home
If you’re the lucky owner of a furry friend, you’ll know that once you have a Fido or Boots in your home, things change irrevocably. Suddenly you’re the person who buys their cat a Christmas present, and thinks seriously about dressing their dog as Batman for Halloween.
Suddenly, you and your pet are roommates, except it’s more like she signed the lease and you’re subletting, hoping that you’ll stay in her good graces as long as possible. Sound about right? Here are 9 more signs that your pet totally rules the roost.
1. You bought a ruinously expensive sofa that your dog just loves. The only trouble is that she takes up so much space, you’re forced to sit on the floor.
2. You’ve gotten used to the fact that nothing vaguely edible (shoes, magazines, plush toys) can ever stay on the floor without being destroyed.
3. When your friends who have kids talk about the ups and downs of parenting, you have to force yourself not to chime in with, “That’s exactly what my cat does!”
4. Look, you never really liked that new cashmere throw, anyway. It’s actually better that your cat has seconded it for himself. You’ll just use the old one. It’s more comfortable.
5. The words “kitty litter” do not offend you.
6. Your lint roller is an indispensable part of your morning routine — as essential as coffee. Or a walk, for your dog.
7. You don’t even notice the bite marks on your furniture anymore. And if they’re ever pointed out to you, you shrug serenely. Dogs will be dogs, right?
8. You never pick up food from the floor anymore. It’s not necessary. Unless it’s chocolate and you have a dog — in which case you’re down there quicker than you can say “Dr. Cesar Millan.”
9. You spend more money on nice things for your pet than yourself. I mean, every pet needs at least two different beds, three collars (just in case), and an endless supply of toys and treats, right?
This article originally appeared on our sister site, Homes to Love.
More From Woman’s World
This $13 Cooling Collar Prevents Pups From Overheating
17 Heart-Melting Photos of Cats Making ‘Puppy Dog Eyes’