To keep your skin looking radiant and youthful for years to come, invest in the best face moisturizers for women over 50. Our complexions change as we age. In our 50s, 60s, 70s, and beyond, our skin's needs are different than when we were younger. Moisturizers have improved drastically over the last decade, and there are hundreds of options based on your skin type, skin concern, and texture preference. Whether you choose a facial oil, cream, gel, or mousse, you'll find one that delivers plenty of nutrients and health benefits to your complexion. We've researched and narrowed down the 15 best anti-aging face moisturizers for youthful skin in the years to come.
How to Pick a Good Face Moisturizer for Over-50 Skin
It's important to select a moisturizer that works well with your skin type. Sometimes, it takes a little bit of trial and error. Skin loses moisture as we age. So, while dry and oily skin need plenty of moisture, any skin type will benefit from extra moisture once you're 50 or older. The chart below will help you decipher what ingredients are best for your skin's needs.
- Dry skin: If your skin tends to be on the drier side, hyaluronic acid, vitamin E, aloe, shea butter, squalane, green tea, and other plant extracts will moisturize and rehydrate parched skin.
- Skin discoloration: Complexions with discoloration, whether it's sun spots or hyperpigmentation, will benefit from vitamin C, retinol, fruit acids, ceramides, and glycolic acid.
- Sagging skin: Do you notice sagging when you take a peek in the mirror? Hyaluronic acid, peptides, collagen (or a collagen supplement), antioxidants, and squalane will help firm your skin and improve its elasticity.
- Wrinkles and fine lines: If wrinkles and fine lines decided to make an appearance, combat them with ingredients like hyaluronic acid, retinol, collagen, fruit acids, niacinamide, and vitamin B.
- Sensitive skin: If sensitive skin is a concern of yours, nurture it with soothing, hydrating components like hyaluronic acid, green tea, all types of oils, and cucumber.
These are merely a sampling of ingredients that can be beneficial. It's important to test out products, so you can discover what you love best. If you're ready to have hydrated, healthy skin, take a look at the best face moisturizers down below!