Like it or not, our complexions begin to change as we age. In our 50s, 60s, 70s, and beyond, our complexions have different needs than they did way back when. When it comes to keeping your skin looking radiant and youthful, the secret lies in the best face moisturizers for women over 50 (just ask Brooke Shields!). Luckily, hydrators have improved drastically over the last decade, and there are hundreds of customized options for your skin type, skin concerns, and texture preferences.
Whether you prefer a facial oil, cream, gel, or mousse formula for your mature skin, we've researched them all and narrowed them down to 15 of the best anti-aging face moisturizers for packing on plenty of nutrients and health benefits, ensuring you'll keep that youthful glow for years to come.
How to the Choose the Best Moisturizer for Women Over 50
It's important to select a moisturizer that works well with your skin type, and sometimes, that takes a little bit of trial and error. While those with dry complexions may already need plenty of moisture, it's something almost everyone can benefit from once they're 50 or older, since skin loses moisture as we age. The chart below will help you decipher which ingredients will be best for your skin's particular needs.
- Dry skin: If your skin tends to be on the drier side, hyaluronic acid, vitamin E, aloe, shea butter, squalane, green tea, and other plant extracts will help to moisturize and rehydrate your parched complexion.
- Skin discoloration: Complexions with discoloration, be it from sun spots or hyperpigmentation, will benefit from vitamin C, retinol, fruit acids, ceramides, and glycolic acid.
- Sagging skin: Do you notice sagging when you take a peek in the mirror? Hyaluronic acid, peptides, collagen, antioxidants, and squalane will help firm your skin and improve its elasticity.
- Wrinkles and fine lines: If wrinkles and fine lines have begun to make an appearance, combat them with ingredients such as hyaluronic acid, retinol, collagen, fruit acids, and vitamin B, including niacinamide.
- Sensitive skin: If sensitive skin is a concern of yours, nurture it with soothing, hydrating components, such as hyaluronic acid, green tea, all types of oils, and cucumber.
These are merely a sampling of ingredients that can be beneficial for mature skin. It's important to test out products so you can discover what you love best. Woman's World has compiled a list of the best face moisturizers for you to start on your journey to healthier skin: Keep scrolling to take a look!
We write about products we think our readers will like. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the supplier.