Nearly a year after the passing of country music legend Charlie Daniels, a new album featuring duets with several of his famous friends is set to be released in his honor next month. Dolly Parton, Garth Brooks, Vince Gill, and Brenda Lee are among the many names found on the track list.
Parton shared an especially moving tribute to Daniels following the news of his sudden death on July 6 last year. “Well, the devil went down to Georgia, but Charlie went straight to heaven. My heart, like many millions of others, is broken today to find out that we’ve lost our dear friend Charlie Daniels,” she wrote on social media. “It was such a shock. He was one of the great people in the business and one of the greatest entertainers ever. He will live on in our hearts. Rest in peace, Charlie.”
The new album is aptly titled Charlie Daniels & Friends: Duets. Daniels’ son, Charlie Jr., said in a press release, “It goes without saying that it’s been a rough year for my mom and I, our [Charlie Daniels Band] family and dad’s fans. But his music will live on forever, and we’re happy that this Duets collection will add to his legacy.”
The track list features Parton’s recording of “Daddy’s Old Fiddle” with Daniels, which originally appeared on his 2007 album Deuces. Take a look at all 19 songs below to see more of the incredible country music icons included in the collaboration:
- “What’d I Say” with Travis Tritt
- “Signed Sealed Delivered I’m Yours” with Bonnie Bramlett
- “Jackson” with Gretchen Wilson
- “The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down” with Vince Gill
- “Maggie’s Farm” with Earl, Gary and Randy Scruggs
- “Daddy’s Old Fiddle” with Dolly Parton
- “Like A Rolling Stone” with Darius Rucker
- “Evangeline” with The Del McCoury Band
- “Let It Be Me” with Brenda Lee
- “Long Haired Country Boy” with Brooks & Dunn
- “God Save Us All From Religion” with Marty Stuart
- “Drinkin’ My Baby Goodbye” with Montgomery Gentry
- “Jammin’ For Stevie” with Brad Paisley
- “Waco” with Garth Brooks singing harmony vocals
- “The South’s Gonna Do It (Again)” with Keith Urban on guitar
- “All Night Long” with Montgomery Gentry
- “Texas” with Ray Benson and Lee Roy Parnell
- “Southern Boy” with Travis Tritt
- “Long Haired Country Boy” with Hal Ketchum and John Berry
With friends like these, it’s clear Daniels was a much-loved member of the country music community. The album will be on sale exclusively at Walmart on July 20, but you can pre-order your copy now (Buy at Walmart, $9.97). We can’t wait to give it a listen!
Woman’s World aims to feature only the best products and services. We update when possible, but deals expire and prices can change. If you buy something via one of our links, we may earn a commission.
Questions? Reach us at email@example.com.