If you’re anything like us, you jumped for joy when Fixer Upper stars Chip and Joanna Gaines announced the birth of baby No. 5 on June 23. Ever since Chip shared the exciting news on Twitter, you’ve probably been gushing over the sweet new photos that Joanna has posted on social media of her “cuddle bug.” But as adorable as this story is, we have to say that the Gaines baby name somehow makes it even cuter.
Joanna, 40, revealed the gosh-darn-cute name to her followers in an Instagram post: “Our baby boy, Crew Gaines, is here and we couldn’t be more in love. He made an unexpected (and speedy) entrance into the world two and a half weeks early — which is fitting given he was a sweet surprise from day one.” Scroll below to see just how sweet this surprise was, and click on the arrow on the right side of the photo to see more cute pics of the happy family.
View this post on Instagram
Our baby boy, Crew Gaines, is here and we couldn’t be more in love. He made an unexpected (and speedy) entrance into the world two and a half weeks early – which is fitting given he was a sweet surprise from day one. Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers. We are so grateful.
But before the HGTV star officially shared the name, her husband actually dropped a pretty big hint in the birth announcement. Eagle-eyed fans spotted that Chip cleverly used his son’s name when first revealing the news — without officially unveiling the name before his wife did. Aww!
And then there were 5.. The Gaines crew is now 1 stronger! 10 beautiful toes and 10 beautiful fingers all accounted for, and big momma is doing great! #blessedBeyondBelief— Chip Gaines (@chipgaines) June 23, 2018
Of course, there’s no question that the latest addition to the Gaines family was destined to be adorable no matter what his name was. Here’s why we can’t get enough of the name his parents ultimately picked:
- It breaks a Gaines family tradition. As you might recall, all of Chip and Joanna Gaines’ other kids — Emmie Kay, 8, Duke, 9, Ella, 11, and Drake, 13 — follow a pattern of names that start with “E” for the girls and names that start with “D” for the boys. Obviously, that’s not the case with Crew. Leave it to the Gaineses to always keep things interesting!
- It’s unique without being too obscure. Crew is not nearly as ubiquitous as John or Paul, so it’ll definitely stand out among other little kids’ names. However, it’s not so “out there” (like some other celeb kid names) that it would distract people from the baby’s adorableness.
- It’s a flawless fit for his star sign. Since Crew was born on June 23, that makes his star sign a Cancer. As you may be aware, some of the key traits of a Cancer include intuition, emotion, intelligence, and passion. Those sound like a few traits that describe a fantastic “crew” of people to us! We’re sure it’ll be wonderful for just one great person named Crew, too.
- It’s seen a quiet growth in popularity, making this the perfect time for a boom. As People reported, the use of “Crew” as a name is relatively new, first appearing in 1995 and quietly growing in popularity until actor Joshua Morrow chose it for his son in 2005. Who wants to bet we’ll hear about a lot more baby Crews this year?
- It sums up the Gaines family perfectly. If you look up the word “crew” in the dictionary, you’ll probably see a definition like this: “all the people that work together.” We can’t think of a better way to describe the Gaineses — and we can’t wait to see how well they all work together in the future! Congratulations to the happy family.
More From Woman’s World
BOGO Never Felt So Good
Whether you're looking to sleep better, have less anxiety, get pain relief or simply unwind the mind, these award-winning CBD Gummies from Sky Wellness do just the trick! Available in a variety of flavors, don't miss this special BOGO offer. Learn more at SkyWellness.com.