These 3 Chicken Recipes are Sweet, Savory, Super Bowl Party Sensations
These recipes are Mama Gronk-approved.
Diane Gronkowski, also known as “Mama Gronk,” is no stranger to feeding a game day crowd. As the mother to five athletes, including NFL legend Rob Gronkowski, her list of Super Bowl party recipes is long. Given chicken’s ubiquity at all things Super Bowl (think wings, tenders, tacos, and whatnot), Gronkowski offered up three of her favorite chicken recipes when we asked her what she’ll be serving at this year’s Super Bowl party.
Whether you prefer sweet or savory, cheesy or crispy, there’s a recipe for you. Gronkowski also includes tips for making single servings and preparing recipes in advance. Read on for three reasons to cheer this Sunday.
Super Bowl Party Recipe #1: Buffalo Chicken Dip
“This ooey-gooey-good starter comes together with only four ingredients,” Mama Gronk says. It’s equally delicious served warm or cold, and you can adjust the hot sauce depending on how much heat you like.
- 1 (8 ounce) container cream cheese
- 8 ounces refrigerated blue cheese dressing and dip
- ⅓ cup hot sauce
- 2 to 3 cups shredded rotisserie or cooked chicken
- Tortilla chips, pita chips, crackers and/or assorted veggies
- Active: 15 mins
- Total time: 15 mins
- Servings: 8
- In medium pot over low heat, slowly melt cream cheese, stirring often, about 3 minutes. Add blue cheese dressing and hot sauce; cook, stirring often, until combined and heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in shredded chicken; cook, stirring often, until heated through, about 2 minutes. Transfer dip mixture to serving bowl. Serve warm or cover and chill until ready to serve. Serve with tortilla chips, pita chips, crackers, and/or assorted veggies.
Tip: To save time on game day, make this dip up to 2 days in advance.
Super Bowl Party Recipe #2: Cranberry Chicken Wings
Bottled dressing, soup mix, and cranberry sauce combine to create the glaze for these quick-prep bites.
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole cranberry sauce
- 1 (1.4 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 cup bottled Catalina dressing
- 3 pounds chicken wings, tips removed, halved at joint
- 1 lemon
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Active: 20 mins
- Total time: 3 hrs
- Servings: 8
- Wings: In large bowl, stir together cranberry sauce, soup mix, and dressing; reserve ½ cup mixture. Add wings to bowl with remaining marinade; toss until coated. Transfer to large resealable plastic food-storage bag; transfer to refrigerator to marinate, turning bag several times to evenly coat, 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line rimmed baking sheet with foil; coat with cooking spray. Spread wings in single layer on baking sheet. Bake until cooked through and juices run clear, brushing with reserved ½ cup marinade during last 5 minutes of cooking time, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Dip: Meanwhile, squeeze one tablespoon juice from lemon. In medium bowl, stir sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, scallion, and parsley (cover and chill if not using immediately). If desired, line serving platter with lettuce leaves. Transfer wings to platter. Serve wings with scallion-herb dip.
Super Bowl Party Recipe #3: Mama Gronk’s Famous Chicken Soufflé
Convenient canned mushroom soup is the extra-easy secret to this Gronkowski family favorite.
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- ½ cup mayonnaise or Miracle Whip (light is okay)
- 8 slices white or wheat bread, cubed
- 3 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 3 cups shredded cheddar (use more or less to taste)
- Chopped parsley or chives (optional)
- Active: 20 mins
- Total time: 4 hrs, 30 mins,
- Servings: 8
- Coat bottom of large baking dish with cooking spray. In large bowl, stir together chicken, celery, onion and mayonnaise. Place half of bread cubes in single layer in bottom of baking dish. Top with chicken mixture. Cover chicken mixture with remaining half of bread cubes.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together milk and eggs; pour over bread and chicken mixture. Cover and chill, 2 to 3 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Uncover casserole; bake until firm center, about one hour. Spread mushroom soup on top, then sprinkle cheddar over soup. Bake until cheese is melted and soup is heated through, 5 to 10 minutes. (Casserole will puff up, like soufflé). If desired, garnish with parsley or chives.
Tip: For a party-perfect twist, turn this dish into individual portions. Simply layer ingredients in mini ramekins or heatproof bowls and bake until heated through.
A version of this article originally appeared in our print magazine, Woman’s World.
ARNICARE FOR PAIN AND BRUISES!
Powered by Arnica montana, Arnicare® is designed to treat muscle pain, swelling, and discoloration from bruising. The unscented gel cools on contact and absorbs quickly into your skin, leaving no sticky or greasy residue, and provides you with the relief you seek. Learn more at Arnicare.com.