What’s better than brownies? How about brownies mixed with pecan pie! This recipe for Pecan Pie Brownies comes straight from country queen Dolly Parton’s kitchen, and it delivers all of the sweet, rich, and comforting flavors you want in a southern dessert. Brownies and pecan pie are both classics, so when they come together in this Dolly Parton recipe, the results are truly magical.
While these brownies will be gobbled up in no time during Easter celebrations, we think you’ll find the combination of Dolly’s Duncan Hines® Fabulously Fudgy Brownie Mix and a pecan topping worth indulging in all year long. This dessert tastes absolutely decadent, but it’s oh-so-easy to whip up — just the thing to treat yourself with after working 9 to 5!
Pecan Pie Brownies
Ingredients (Serves 16):
- 1 (17.6-ounce) package Duncan Hines® Dolly Parton’s Fabulously Fudgy Brownie Mix
- 1 egg
- ½ cup melted butter
- 3 tablespoons milk
For Pecan Pie Filling:
- ¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup corn syrup
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups pecan halves
- To Prepare Brownies: Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Coat 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray. In large bowl, stir together brownie mix, contents of fudge packet, 1 egg, ½ cup melted butter, and milk until well blended, about 50 strokes. Pour into pan and spread evenly. Bake until toothpick inserted 1 inch from edge of pan comes out clean, 32 to 36 minutes. Transfer to rack.
- To Prepare Pecan Pie Filling: Meanwhile, in large bowl, stir together brown sugar, corn syrup, 1 egg, 2 tablespoons melted butter, vanilla, and salt. Spread pecans over cooked brownies. Pour pecan pie filling evenly over pecans. Bake until filling is set, 20 to 24 minutes. Transfer to rack; let cool completely. Cut into squares.
This article originally appeared in our print magazine, Woman’s World.
This content is not a substitute for professional medical advice or diagnosis. Always consult your physician before pursuing any treatment plan.