If you love almond joy (or just chocolate in general) as much as we do, then you’re going to love our Five-ingredient Almond Joy Fudge Bars, perfect to satisfy that sweet tooth.
Why binge on processed-sugar-laden desserts when you could have these healthy, chocolatey treats instead? Our fudge bars are made with all-natural ingredients, including nutritious superfoods like dark chocolate, almonds, and coconut. What’s more, you can box them up and give them away as a decadent, delicious gift! Once you try these, we guarantee you won’t be going back to the store-bought version anytime soon. To make our Five-Ingredient Almond Joy Fudge, check out the recipe below.
- 8 oz. dark chocolate
- 14 oz. canned sweetened condensed milk
- 2 oz. butter
- 2 oz. packet whole blanched almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- Line an 8-inch square tin with baking paper (two strips laid crossways inside the pan is a quick way to do it).
- Place a large bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water, making sure that it doesn’t touch the water. Break the chocolate into the bowl and when it begins to melt, remove from the heat and stir until completely melted.
- While the chocolate is melting, place the condensed milk and butter in a small saucepan and heat gently, stirring until the butter is melted.
- Remove from heat and add to the chocolate, along with the almonds. Add 1 cup of the coconut and fold together.
- Pour mixture into the prepared tin, smooth the top, and scatter on the remaining coconut. Chill until firmly set.
- When set, remove from the pan and cut into squares.
This article originally appeared on our sister site, Women’s Weekly Food.