When we think of our favorite things about Christmas, it’s easy to get overwhelmed. After all, there are so many fabulous decorations and festivities that come together to make this “the most wonderful time of the year.” But in the midst of all the cheerful chaos, it never hurts to remind yourself of the true meaning of Chistmas from time to time.
That’s why we decided to ask the WomansWorld.com staff about their favorite parts of the Christmas season. While we received a variety of different responses, they all paid tribute to the pure happiness that comes with the holiday or precious time spent with family and friends. You might be surprised by how simple — and beautiful — the responses are. See how many of them are your favorite things about Christmas, too!
Our Office’s Favorite Things About Christmas
1. I honestly love the good mood in the air.
2. More people speak to you and wish you happy holidays.
3. My family and I decorate my parents’ Christmas tree every year together. We drink wine and put all the heirloom ornaments up on the tree and reminisce about past Christmases.
4. On Christmas Eve we have old friends over (who happen to be Jewish) and order Chinese soup dumplings. It feels like a Christmas tradition that couldn’t get any more New York-y.
5. I appreciate hearing from friends and family this time of year who I normally don’t get to talk to during the year.
6. I love spoiling my nephew with musical gifts his parents will hate. He’s getting a harmonica this year.
7. We eat and drink and watch It’s a Wonderful Life, and every year I try to hide the tears that stream down my face as Clarence inscribes his book to George, “Remember, no man is a failure who has friends.”
8. I love sending my best girlfriends’ kids gifts over the holiday. In return, I get the best “unwrapping” videos to watch.
9. It just seems like a happy time.