Love is a glorious thing, but sustaining a strong and healthy relationship over time is something else entirely. The keys to longevity are many — respect, communication, and humor all come to mind — but sharing your love with your partner is chief among them.
Too often, we take our partner for granted, and fail to lift him up with words of adoration and admiration. While love notes and declarations may seem trivial, they are, in fact, what keeps the flame alive. They strengthen bonds and reignite romance, and they let your partner know that you’re still present and committed to him.
Not sure what to say? There are a million quotes and sayings about love — below are just a few. Use them on Valentine’s Day and every day to let him know he matters to you.
Short Love Quotes By Unknown Sources
1. “You’re my everything.”
This quote demonstrates that I love you is truly not enough to say how much you care about someone. It shows that that person makes your life better in so many ways. They’re your everything!
2. “I’m so in love with you.”
This quote tells your guy that you are in love with him every day, always. He’s your world, and you love seeing him happy.
3. “I can’t imagine my life without you.”
This quote tells your boyfriend, partner, or husband that they are your best friend and soulmate.
4. “Your love means everything to me.”
This quote thanks your man for taking care of you, loving you unconditionally, and working hard to make your relationship work.
5. “I will always love you.”
Promising to always love someone is a big deal. For couples who’ve been together a while, however, it’s an apt statement. Why? Because you’ve stood the test of time, and if past performance is an indicator of future outcomes, you will, in fact, always love him.
6. “You’re my reason for everything.”
This quote is for the guy who makes you feel like you can take on the world. Together, there’s nothing the two of you can’t do. It’s for the special man in your life who makes every day more meaningful and joy-filled.
7. “My life is incomplete without you in it.”
This quote shows your significant other that you don’t want a life without him. When you’ve been with someone for a long time, making a statement like this shows him just how much he matters to you and how much of an impact he’s made on your life.
8. “It’s impossible to imagine a world without us together.”
When you build a long-lasting relationship with someone, it’s hard to remember what life was like before them. That’s an incredible feeling, one made even more incredible when you share it with the man in your life.
Quotes By Famous Thinkers, Scholars, and Artists
1. “I love you, always, and I will love you until I die, and if there’s a life after that, I’ll still love you then.” ― J.M. Barrie
J.M. Barrie is an author best known for his work on Peter Pan. He wrote this quote in his book The Little White Bird, where he speaks about never wanting to leave Wendy or the Lost Boys because they made him feel loved and wanted.
2. “When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” — When Harry Met Sally
When Harry Met Sally is a classic romantic comedy about two platonic friends who realize they’ve been in love all along. This line was spoken during the movie’s emotional final scene wherein the iconic couple decides to finally commit to a relationship. (Spoiler alert: The pair gets married three months later and lives happily ever after.) While this line was originally spoken by Billy Crystal’s Harry to Meg Ryan’s Sally, it packs just as much of an emotional punch when spoken by you to your man.
3. “I love you not only for who you are but for who I am when I am with you.” — Roy Croft
The poet Roy Croft wrote this passage in his poem Love, which is often read during wedding ceremonies. This particular quote sends a truly meaningful message to your significant other about how much he matters to you and how he makes you a better version of yourself.
4. “There is nothing on earth more beautiful than you.” — Rob Thomas
Lead singer of Matchbox Twenty, Rob Thomas, said these words to his girlfriend after he woke up from a life-altering coma following a car accident. He wanted to make sure she always knew how much he loved her before he lost consciousness again.
5. “The very best thing about me is YOU!” — Ricky Martin
This Ricky Martin quote says a lot in just a few words. Martin is a Puerto Rican recording artist with numerous accomplishments to his name, including two Grammy Awards and a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. In fact, he’s the most awarded male Latin artist of all time, often called the “King of Latin Pop.” This quote is from one of Ricky’s songs, “The Best Thing About Me Is You,” or “Lo Mejor de Mi Vida Eres Tú.” In this song, Ricky urges his partner to take a chance on their relationship because they are the best thing about him.When you share a quote like this with your guy, you’re reminding him how much of a difference he makes in your life.
6. “All my dreams can come true if you believe in me too.” — A.A. Milne
The quote is from the beloved children’s story Winnie the Pooh, created by writer A.A. Milne. Winnie-the-Pooh tells his friend Piglet that if they both believe something can happen, it will come true. If your man is the Piglet to your Winnie the Pooh, always believing in you and cheering you on, this is the perfect quote to share with him.
7. “What the world needs now is love, sweet love.” — Dionne Warwick
Warwick’s famous lyric is about the need for more kindness and affection in relationships, both romantic and otherwise. True love is one of life’s most precious gifts, and the world does indeed need more of it. Warwick sang this line in her 1996 recording of “What the World Needs Now,” which is a cover of a 1965 song by Jackie DeShannon. Interestingly, Warwick originally turned down “What the World Needs Now,” saying it was too country for her sound. The six-time Grammy winner and former Goodwill Ambassador for the UN’s Food and Agriculture Organization changed her mind, however, and recorded it on her album, Here Where There Is Love.
Love songs like “What the World Needs Now” are full of heartfelt lyrics like this one, and they make fantastic quotes to share with the special man in your life.
More of the Best Love Quotes To Share With Your Guy
- “There is no charm equal to the gentleness of heart.” — Jane Austen
- “In all the whole world, there is no heart like yours. In all the whole world, there is no love for you like mine.” —Maya Angelou
- “You know you’re in love when you just can’t seem to fall asleep because reality is better than your dreams.” – Dr. Seuss
- “As he read it, I fell in love with him the way you fall asleep: very slowly, and then suddenly.” – John Green, The Fault in Our Stars
- “Being truly loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone truly gives you courage.” – Lao Tzu
- ”I love you the way that certain dark things are loved, in secret, in between the shadow and the soul.” – Pablo Neruda
- “Let the beauty of what you love the most be what you do in life.” – Rumi
- “Love is that peculiar condition in which the happiness of the other person is essential to your own.” – Robert A. Heinlein
- “You can’t blame the law of gravity for falling in love.” —Albert Einstein
- ”Love is made of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” — Aristotle
- “Our love is very much like the wind. I can’t see it before me, but I can truly feel it.” – A Walk to Remember
- “I would much rather spend one single lifetime with you than I would face all the ages of this world by myself.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
Further Readings on Love
In addition, numerous other historical figures and writers have waxed poetic about love throughout the centuries. You can find a wealth of quotes to share with your spouse or boyfriend in their writings and statements.
- William Shakespeare
- Victor Hugo
- Elizabeth Gilbert
- Barbara De Angelis
- Alfred Lord Tennyson
- Charles Dickens
- Emily Bronte
- Friedrich Nietzsche
- Henry David Thoreau
- F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Zelda Fitzgerald
- Oscar Wilde
- Paulo Coelho
- Hermann Hesse
- Franklin P. Jones
- Richard Bach
- William Blake
- Marilyn Monroe
- Audrey Hepburn
- Taylor Swift
- Oprah Winfrey
- David Viscott
- Angelita Lim
Romantic Love Quotes To Share
Whether you’re just now falling in love or have loved your partner for decades, there’s something special about sharing just how deeply you care for him. These quotes are ideal for a Valentine’s Day Card, an anniversary letter, or simply to say in the morning when you wake up next to the person you love.
Hopefully, these quotes help you find the words to express that indescribable feeling you get when you see him every morning.