Questions? Reach us at email@example.com
With allergy season officially underway and Covid-19 still on everyone’s minds, it might be time to consider the air quality in you home, especially in your bedroom. Dry air can intensify common allergens and skin conditions, and allow bacteria and viruses to run rampant. Air purifiers and humidifiers are a great way to reduce allergy symptoms, naturally treat eczema and psoriasis, and even alleviate respiratory issues associated with Covid-19. Of all the humidifiers we researched, the Pure Guardian Ultrasonic humidifier stands out above the rest.
What is an ultrasonic humidifier?
Evaporative humidifiers have been around forever, and are likely the type you’ve owned (or inherited from your mother). They work by using a cloth wick filter to absorb water from the tank, and an internal fan to release evaporated air into the room.
An ultrasonic humidifier, however, is a bit more high-tech, creating an ultra-fine mist that humidifies the air more effectively. A high-frequency vibrating diaphragm sits atop the reservoir where it churns the water to create droplets that are then blown into the air by a fan.
If you had to choose between the two, ultrasonic humidifiers do a better job of humidifying the air, and will do wonders for your breathing.
What’s so great about the Pure Guardian Ultrasonic Humidifier?
So much. Here are our favorite features:
- Self-cleaning UV-C light. As a germaphobe who has spent hours obsessively cleaning humidifiers, my favorite thing about the PureGuardian is the UV-C light sanitizer. The mist is treated before it’s released, so you can breathe easy knowing your air is clean. Also, a feature called Silver Clean Protection is embedded into the tank to prevent mold and mildew buildup.
- Warm and cool mist: Not all humidifiers offer both warm and cool mist, so this is a great feature. Depending on the season (and your specific health needs), just turn the knob to adjust temperature settings and the machine does the rest.
- Aromatherapy tray: This can double as your aromatherapy machine! Just add your favorite essential oil to the tray to fill the room with your favorite fragrance.
- Large tank and auto-shut-off: The two-gallon water tank provides up to 100 hours of mist. The machine shuts off automatically when the tank is empty, and a low water light glows to remind you to refill.
- Broad coverage: At 19 inches high, it’s almost surprising that such a compact humidifier can be used in rooms up to 380 square feet. It’s the perfect size for a bedroom or home office.
From Amazon reviewers:
“We have three in our house and they are awesome. So much easier to clean than many others we have had in the last. Big enough to fill and run for many days … Love the UVC light feature to help keep the mist clean of germs.”
“Firstly, the gigantic freaking tank of water lasts a really long time. Three days or so with the level of output I selected. I added a little bit of a mint flavored oil to the tank of water. It does help the room quite a bit. Additionally, this unit can select warmer mist. You get a lot of power over what a room feels like with this. Even a large room.”
“Several modes are present on the front, from a nightlight function, to a timer for how long you wish to run for. Also present is controls for UV lighting and whether you want warm mist or cool. Also a nice touch, the ‘lid’ of the tank or upper portion where the mist comes out is aimable, you can rotate 360 degrees to aim where ever you please.”
“LOVE this humidifier! It was super easy to set up. The tank has a nice large opening that you can put right under the bathtub faucet.”
“The PureGuardian Ultrasonic Humidifier is the humidifier but improved. This is a large 2-gallon unit that produces a steady and soft mist. A UV feature helps kill bacteria, and the unit has a low electric blue light function that can serve as a nightlight for kids. Overall this a great humidifier.”