Sandra Lee Shares Her Favorite Christmas Memories and How She’s Embracing the Spirit This Year
Christmas may look a little different this year, but Sandra Lee isn’t letting it get in the way of her festive spirit.
You can spot the Food Network star hosting segments during Lifetime network’s annual holiday movie lineup, and we were lucky enough to have her on the cover of our print magazine (Buy on Amazon, $51.97 for a year’s subscription) where she shared a ton of scrumptious seasonal recipes.
Lee also spoke with us about how she’s embracing the Christmas season despite the stress we’ve all been feeling lately. Of course, it involves spending time in the kitchen.
“Cooking and baking in eyeshot of a festively decorated Christmas trees with holiday music or a movie in the background is the best way to get through this holiday,” she says. “That, and eggnog!” We’ll pour a glass and cheers to that.
Take a look for a few more of Lee’s favorite things about the holiday season:
- Favorite Holiday Memory: “Sing-screaming Alvin and the Chipmunks ‘Christmas Don’t Be Late,’ with my sister. We scream-sang it over and over and over again at my grandma’s house when we were around four years old. I remember the living room — the TV placement, the tinsel garlands, and my grandma saying, ‘OK, only one more time,’ (she said this about 100 times) but we just kept singing until she turned the channel to Lawrence Welk! Thank you Alvin and Grandma Lorraine!”
- Favorite Holiday Movie: “There are so many movies I love — It’s a Wonderful Life and Family Man are my two favorites, but don’t forget about A Christmas Carol and The Sound of Music. Amazing, charming, sweet movie love stories — I watch them all every year and sometimes more than once.”
- Favorite Holiday Song or Album: “I love music so this is hard. ‘Aspenglow’ by John Denver — it reminds me of my sweet dog Aspen (I named her after this song). But also check out the album December by George Winston! The Best.”
- Favorite Holiday Decoration: “Over the top and in every room, nook, and cranny! Match the theme to the room’s color and decor, every room its own personality. Don’t forget the bedrooms and bathrooms, just sayin!”
- Favorite Holiday Family Tradition: “Aunt Sandy Claus — I am over the top with gifts for everyone and a ton of them. I find gifts all year round and save them in my Aunt Sandy Claus gift closet. It’s like Hermione Granger’s magical bag!”
- Favorite Holiday Recipe: “My Aunt Sandy Claus eggnog. I am big into cookies and candies, but love my remake recipe of Cinnabon’s cinnamon roll. It’s spot on.”
We can relate to a lot of those warm and fuzzy memories. And we’re sure that just like Lee, we can all find wonderful ways to snuggle up with the holiday spirit this year no matter how different it might look.
Woman’s World aims to feature only the best products and services. We update when possible, but deals expire and prices can change. If you buy something via one of our links, we may earn a commission.
Questions? Reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.