38 Fun Activities to Do With Your Grandkids During Spring Break
Looking for fun things to do with the grandkids during spring break? We’ve got you covered, whether you’re looking for something old-school like a picnic in the park, or you’re trying to save money by entertaining the kiddos at home.
Fun Things to Do With Your Young Grandkids
- Put together a family scrapbook of all your memories together.
- Visit the petting zoo and feed the goats.
- Watch a sunset together.
- Build sandcastles at the beach.
- Throw an afternoon tea party.
- Have a browse at the farmer’s market.
- Sing along to all their favorite nursery rhymes.
- Blow bubbles in the backyard.
- Collect flowers to make a bouquet.
- Design jewelry, like macaroni necklaces.
- Fly a kite at the park.
- Find some chalk and play hopscotch.
- Run through the sprinklers in your bathing suits.
- Buy some brushes and watercolors for an art day.
- Bake a pie with berries you picked from a farm.
- Hold a puppet show.
- Take turns reading their favorite books.
- Build a birdhouse together.
- Sell homemade lemonade.
- Organize a scavenger hunt.
Fun Things to Do With Your Teenage Grandkids
- Take a trip to the ice skating rink.
- Dig through grandma’s jewelry box.
- Learn a new language together.
- Volunteer at a local soup kitchen.
- Play a game of chess.
- Go bowling.
- Get tickets for local outdoor concerts.
- Host a board game tournament.
- Enjoy a leisurely boat ride around the lake.
- Splurge on mani-pedis.
- Cast a rod at the local fishing hole.
- Hit some balls at the batting cages.
- Challenge them to a round of mini golf.
- Pick a spot and go camping.
- Make homemade ice cream.
- Plant some spring and summer fruits and veggies.
- Rent a movie to watch together.
- Hike together at a state park.
No matter how you choose to spend the day with your grandkids, showing your grandkids they are loved is one of the most important jobs of a grandparent. If you do that, there’s no end to the number of memories, laughter, and smiles you all will share.
More From Woman’s World
Children Who Grow Up With Their Grandparents Are Happier and More Secure
When Grandma Misbehaves: How to Avoid 5 Situations That Could Lead to a Grandparent ‘Time Out’
9 Things Every Grandma Should Learn to Be the Best Granny Ever
ARNICARE FOR PAIN AND BRUISES!
Powered by Arnica montana, Arnicare® is designed to treat muscle pain, swelling, and discoloration from bruising. The unscented gel cools on contact and absorbs quickly into your skin, leaving no sticky or greasy residue, and provides you with the relief you seek. Learn more at Arnicare.com.