If you like cinnamon buns (and who doesn’t?), then you’ll love these Cinnamon Almond Pastry Swirls. Made with sweet brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla extract, these swirls are the perfect pastry to serve as a decadent treat for breakfast or brunch. Plus, they’re fun to roll up and slice, making this an ideal activity for you and the grandkids to do together — they can be your little “rollers” while you handle the slicing. And if you have leftovers, just pop them in the fridge to reheat for later; these sticky buns are good for up to three days.
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. melted butter, plus more for greasing pan
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 (17.3 oz.) package puff pastry
- Flour for work surface
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. In a small bowl, combine almonds, brown sugar, butter, vanilla extract and cinnamon.
2. Thaw pastry dough according to package instructions. Lightly butter a baking sheet.
3. Carefully unroll dough onto a lightly floured work surface. Spread almond mixture all over it, to the edges, and roll up tightly.
4. Cut roll into one-inch pieces and lay on prepared baking sheet swirl-side up. Bake for 16 minutes or until golden brown and puffed.
5. Serve warm and refrigerate leftovers in a sealed container for up to three days.
Nutritional info: Calories 278; Fat 19 g; Sat Fat 4.7 g; Mono Fat 10.5 g; Poly Fat 2.6 g; Protein 4 g;Carb 24 g; Fiber 1 g; Cholesterol 3 mg; Sodium 104 mg; Calcium 21 mg;Potassium 75 mg; Vitamin E 1.5 mg
This recipe was originally published by California Almonds.