We love coconut recipes, and we love easy-to-follow recipes even more. That makes this dessert a double winner in our books! These simple-yet-decadent coconut pralines are so sweet and addicting, thanks mainly to a mouthwatering combination of crushed wafers, chocolate, and rum (yes, rum!). It’s no surprise this after-dinner treat is a hit with crowds. In fact, the real shock is that it requires only three steps to make.
Any coconut dessert gives off that summery vibe, right? But we like this one in colder months or for any holiday party. In other words, the timing is always right for sweet coconut pralines! People in your life who are fond of all things sweet just may end up following you around, begging for the recipe (and they’ll never believe how easy this one is!).
Don’t believe us? Watch how to make coconut pralines in this quick video:
- 1/2 cup of wafers
- 2 oz of dessicated (shredded) coconut
- 1 oz of dried milk
- 1 tbsp rum
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of white chocolate
- 18 pieces of almonds
- Soak the almonds in warm water and peel. Crush the wafers into crumbs using a blender or a rolling pin, and melt the chocolate.
- In a larger container mix: melted chocolate, desiccated coconut (leaving 2 spoonfuls for breading), crumbled wafers, powdered milk, rum and cream. Mix well and leave aside for 5-10 minutes, until it thickens.
- Make balls of the size of a walnut from the mix, insert a peeled almond into each of them and bread in desiccated coconut. Place on a plate and cool in the fridge.