This St. Louis classic cake is quite the treat — and using delicious silken tofu allows for a vegan version. Dusted with powdered sugar and with a moist, gooey texture in the middle, this cake is easy and fun to make. Dress it up by serving it a la mode or with some chocolate or berry sauce on top. Yum!
- 1 package yellow cake mix, vegan (about 18oz.)
- 1/2 cup House Foods Tofu, Amazon, soft (replaces 1 egg)
- 16 Tbsp. vegan butter, melted (two sticks of vegan butter)
- 8oz vegan cream cheese
- 1 cup House Foods Tofu, soft (replaces two eggs)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 16oz. organic powdered sugar (about two cups)
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- 9 x 9 inch baking dish (or similar)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Combine the cake mix, ½ cup soft tofu and 8 Tbsp. of melted vegan butter (1 stick). Blend using a hand mixer.
3. When mixture is moistened, dry and crumbly pour it into a lightly greased baking pan. Use your fingers or the back of a spoon to pat down the mixture a bit.
4. Add the remaining melted vegan butter (1 stick), vegan cream cheese, 1 cup soft tofu, 1 tsp. vanilla and 16oz powdered sugar to the large mixing bowl. (You do not need to rinse out the bowl.) Using the same mixer, beat until smooth.
5. Pour this mixture over the dry mixture in the pan. Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until the edges very lightly brown. Try not to over-bake the cake if you want it nice and gooey.
6. When the cake is ready, allow it to cool completely before slicing and serving. Chilling in the fridge for a few hours or overnight is even better.
7. Dust with powdered sugar and serve!
Makes 9-12 slices.
This recipe was originally published by Healthy Happy Life.
More from Woman’s World
BOGO Never Felt So Good
Whether you're looking to sleep better, have less anxiety, get pain relief or simply unwind the mind, these award-winning CBD Gummies from Sky Wellness do just the trick! Available in a variety of flavors, don't miss this special BOGO offer. Learn more at SkyWellness.com.